Los Angeles Employment Law Attorneys
California Wage & Hour Law Class Action Lawyers
Holding California Employers Accountable for Wage and Hour Violations
Does your paycheck reflect the overtime you worked? Are you routinely docked for lunch breaks you never took? If you have compared notes with co-workers and found a pattern of employer misconduct, you may have a group claim for money damages.
Pearson, Simon & Warshaw, LLP is a nationally recognized law firm with demonstrated success in employment law class action lawsuits. We have prevailed in a wide range of wage and hour claims relating to:
- Failing to pay overtime
- Miscalculating overtime
- Misclassification to avoid paying overtime
- Not allowing required meal and rest breaks
- Withholding pay for breaks not taken
- Requiring "off the clock" work
- Deducting wages for cash shortages or broken equipment
PS&W has offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco, representing wage-earning workers and managers throughout California and the United States. Call us toll-free at (877) 391-8300 to discuss your case.
Employment-Related Class Actions
- PS&W lawyers certified one of the first managerial class action overtime case in California in 1998. The case involved employees of the Denny's restaurant chain who were intentionally misclassified as managers exempt from overtime, despite working long hours and performing food preparation and other duties of non-exempt employees.
- PS&W attorneys brought a class action on behalf of Pizza Hut delivery drivers throughout California. The employees were not properly reimbursed for use of their own vehicles, and not provided regular meal and rest breaks under per state law. We settled the case in 2006 for $5.1 million.
Damages for employment law violations include back pay, plus interest and penalties. For example, the statute requires employers to pay one hour of regular pay for each instance of a missed rest break or meal break.