Los Angeles Antitrust Class Action Attorneys
A Proven Record in Price Fixing Conspiracy Cases
Pearson, Simon & Warshaw, LLP has been at the forefront of some of the largest antitrust cases on behalf of consumers. Located in Los Angeles and San Francisco, our sophisticated law firm has been engaged as lead or co-lead counsel in ground-breaking, high-profile class actions alleging price fixing and other anticompetitive practices by some of the biggest and well-known corporations across the country.
We seek justice for ordinary consumers or businesses that are the ultimate victims when manufacturers and multinational conglomerates conspire to fix the prices of products, components or commodities. PS&W has won multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts in a wide range of antitrust actions.
If you have an antitrust case or believe you qualify as a member of a pending class action, find out how we can help at (877) 391-8300.
Current Antitrust Cases
- LCD displays : In July 2007, PS&W was appointed co-lead counsel in one of the largest pending antitrust cases in the country. The lawsuit alleges that Hitachi, LG.Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Panasonic and Toshiba corporations colluded to fix the price of a widely used type of liquid crystal display (LCD). We represent potentially millions of consumers who overpaid for flat-screen TVs, laptops, cell phones and other products purchased from 1996 to 2006.
- Fuel surcharges: PS&W is pursuing actions against the airline industry and railroad freight companies for fixing surcharges on international flights and cargo shipping without any relation to actual fuel expended.
See Notable Class Actions for more information about these and other pending class actions.
Antitrust Success Stories
PS&W attorneys have been involved in numerous national and multi-national cases of public importance. Named partner Bruce L. Simon has held leadership roles in many major antitrust cases resulting in substantial recovery for clients:
- In re Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Antitrust Litigation (over $325 million in settlements)
- In re Methionine Antitrust Litigation (over $100 million in settlements for collusion to fix prices of animal feed supplement)
- In re Citric Acid Antitrust Litigation (over $80 million in settlements for direct purchasers of this common food and industrial additive)
What Is Antitrust Litigation?
The Sherman Antitrust Act, California's Cartwright Act and Unfair Competition Law and other state and federal laws make it illegal for companies to agree to fix prices or to squeeze out competitors to create a monopoly or cartel. Directly or indirectly, businesses and consumers are hurt in the form of artificially high prices. Litigation often arises from Department of Justice investigations into antitrust violations. A civil antitrust lawsuit seeks monetary damages — triple the amount of the defendants' illicit gain.
What Is a Class Action?
A class action combines similar legal claims of multiple individuals to spread out the litigation costs and enable "the little guy" to hold corporations accountable for their greed.
Qualified and Proven
Antitrust litigation is exceedingly complex, involving many millions of documents and extensive depositions. PS&W has a sophisticated understanding of both the technological and economic principles of these complicated cases and the ability to coordinate the consolidated claims of thousands of plaintiffs.
If you believe you belong in one of the classes mentioned above, or want to discuss a possible antitrust claim, contact us today for a free consultation. Call our San Francisco law office at (415) 433-9000, or call toll-free at (877) 391-8300.